Fekir open to LaLiga move

Lyon attacker Nabil Fekir has suggested he would find it hard to turn down a move to LaLiga if an interesting club from Spain made a move for him.

The France international has previously been linked with a move to Barcelona, but a serious knee injury at the start of the 2015-16 campaign has interrupted his progress.

Fekir has been a key figure for Lyon again this term, though, and has hinted he would be open to a move abroad at the end of the season.

I am not really thinking about my future yet, Fekir told RTL.

The end of the season is still far away, there are three more months to go.

But I cannot deny I like the Spanish league. It is a league w
00001059
here they play some nice football. LaLiga is the league I prefer most.

Behind L…

Crisps stop play as Charlton protests continue

Charlton Athletic s home game with Fleetwood Town was stopped after fans threw packets of crisps on the pitch in the latest round of protests against the club s ownership.

Roland Duchatelet is in the process of selling the League One club, with Charlton managed by former England international Lee Bowyer in disarray off the field.

This week saw the English Football League confirm the organisation will seek to meet the club and the Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust to discuss the situation.

Reports have suggested bonuses owed to staff members have not been paid, while it was claimed workers have been banned from eating crisps at their desks.

Saturday s protest, organised by the Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) saw dozens of packets of crisps th…

Sheffield Wednesday condemn racist abuse aimed at chairman Dejphon Chansiri

Sheffield Wednesday have condemned racist abuse suffered by chairman Dejphon Chansiri in the wake of the club’s Sky Bet League One play-off semi-final defeat at Peterborough last Friday.

Wednesday have already issued an immediate ban against the person who racially abused manager Darren Moore following the 4-0 loss at London Road and have insisted they will do the same again following this incident.

They said in a statement: “Sheffield Wednesday manager Darren Moore was subject to a disgraceful racist comment on a social media platform this week following the Owls’ game at Peterborough on Friday evening.

We stand together with our chairman, manager and society as a whole in condemning all forms of discrimination and will continue taking every step possible …

Football rumours: Tottenham confident Ange Postecoglou will stay amid interest

What the papers say

Tottenham are confident they will keep manager Ange Postecoglou amid interest from Liverpool, the Telegraph reports. Reds boss Jurgen Klopp announced he will step down from the club at the end of the season, with ex-midfielder and current Bayer Leverkusen boss Xabi Alonso favourite for the position.

The Daily Mail says West Ham have delayed contract negotiations with manager David Moyes as he deals with a seven-game winless streak.

Manchester United are reportedly interested in Bayern Munich defender Matthijs de Ligt, the Sun reports, with the 24-year-old said to be unhappy at the German club.

Social media round-up

EXCLUSIVE Kobbie Mainoo is keeping his international options open despite growing interest from Gareth Southgate in handing him …

Liverpool closing in on Clyne deal

that Liverpool are on the verge of completing the signing of Nathaniel Clyne, after Southampton accepted the Reds’ £12.5m bid for the defender.

The full-back has been constantly linked with a move away from St Mary’s Stadium in recent weeks, with a number of clubs monitoring the situation though front-runners Liverpool appear to have won the race to secure his services.

The 24 year old moved to Southampton from Crystal Palace in the summer of 2012, and has racked up over a hundred appearances in all competitions for the south coast club, scoring five goals.

He broke into the England set up back in October, and has so far won five caps for Roy Hodgson’s side.

Clyne is set to become Liverpool’s sixth new signing of close season, with Brenda…

Serie A Preview: Inter v Cagliari

Inter can pile further pressure on Cagliari coach Diego Lopez with a third straight Serie A victory, when the sides meet in Milan on Sunday.

Walter Mazzarri s men have been in good form this month, bouncing back from their 3-1 defeat to champions Juventus to record victories over Sassuolo and Fiorentina.

Their latest win saw them close the gap between themselves and Vincenzo Montella s fourth-placed men to five points.

While Fiorentina and Inter currently occupy the two UEFA Europa League spots, the former travel to Parma on Monday, with victory for the hosts keeping them firmly in the hunt for European football.

A win for Inter at San Siro a day earlier would not only boost their hopes of qualifying for Europe s second-tier club competition, it would place eve…

Let´s not get carried away – Lampard admits there is still room for Chelsea improvement

Frank Lampard warned his Chelsea players not to get carried away by their positive run of form as they are still short of where he expects them to be.

Chelsea eased to a 4-1 victory over Southampton at St Mary s Stadium on Sunday to record back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time under Lampard.

Danny Ings pulled one back for the hosts after Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount had given the Blues a two-goal lead, but N Golo Kante and substitute Michy Batshuayi struck to seal a straight-forward win.

A fourth league victory of the season lifted Chelsea into fifth, level on points with fourth-place Leicester City, but Lampard insisted there is still room for improvement.

FULL-TIME Southampton 1-4 Chelsea

Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount, N’Golo Kante…

I can´t accept Chelsea fringe role, says out-of-favour Giroud

Olivier Giroud has said he cannot accept his current position outside Frank Lampard s starting line-up at Chelsea but he will not criticise the Blues boss.

France international Giroud netted a penalty for his country in their 1-0 Euro 2020 qualifying victory over Iceland on Friday, but he has yet to score in the Premier League this season.

The 33-year-old striker has made just three Premier League appearances this term, including only one start, making it a frustrating time for him at Stamford Bridge, as it often was under former boss Maurizio Sarri in the last campaign.

Asked how he accepted his position in the attacking pecking order at Chelsea, Giroud told Catholic magazine Le Pelerin: Accept it? No, I do not accept it.

. will be looking to emulat…

Victor Osimhen earns Napoli Champions League first-leg draw with Barcelona

Victor Osimhen rescued Napoli a 1-1 home draw against Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie in his first appearance for the Italian club since December.

Osimhen, who had served a ban in Napoli’s previous game after returning from Africa Cup of Nations duty for runners-up Nigeria, stole clear in the penalty area with 15 minutes remaining to fire home an equaliser.

Barcelona had taken a deserved lead on the hour-mark through Robert Lewandowski’s 93rd Champions League goal.

Bring on the return leg.

— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona)

It was Napoli’s first game since they sacked head coach Walter Mazzarri after three months in charge and replaced him with Slovakian Francesco Calzona.

Porto winger Galeno’s stunn…

LaLiga accused of ´inadequate´ handling of ´disgraceful´ racist abuse towards Vinicius Junior

LaLiga s handling of the absolutely disgraceful instances of racist abuse towards Vinicius Junior has been completely inadequate .

That was the message from Kick It Out chair Sanjay Bhandari after Vinicius was subjected to more abuse by sections of the crowd at Valencia s win over Real Madrid last Sunday.

Valencia s punishments for the incident were reduced on appeal, with the partial closure of Mestalla Stadium cut from five matches to three and their financial penalty also sliced.

Bhandari, chair of the organisation aiming to eradicate racism from football, says the Spanish Football Federation and LaLiga president Javier Tebas have failed to support Vinicius.

I think the treatment we ve seen of Vinicius has been absolutely disgraceful, Bhandari told St…